Methow Valley things to do
Winthrop - Mazama - Twisp - Carlton
Guest Tip*** Load this page on your Smart Phone with our mobile web app and use it as your tour guide while in Winthrop and the greater Methow Valley. Type our URL www.mtgardnerinn.com into your phone's web browser and click to the Things to do page. Save in your favorites and presto, handheld tour guide!
- Chamber of Commerce: Check out all of the great annual events Winthrop has to offer. Find details for the Balloon Festival, 49ers, Auto Ralley, Wine Festival, Christmas at the end of the Road, and much more. The website also has a detailed list of all the retail shops and restaurants. www.winthropwashington.com
- Arts & Cultural events calendar: You won't believe the thriving art scene we have in this little valley. See what is happening while you are in town or schedule your trip around one of the stellar performances or art classes. www.methowvalleyarts.org
- The Okanogan Country Visitors guide is a great reference. Check it out here and order in print.
- The Methow Valley is considered the "Birthplace of Smokejumping." Don't miss the North Cascades Smoke Jumper Base Camp while you are here. The smoke jumpers, themselves, give daily tours of the museum, planes, and base camp!
- The Winthrop National Fish Hatchery is another place to visit in the valley. This recently upgaded facility now has a state of the art spawning building and much more.
- The Shafer museum has over 15,000 visitors a year! That is alot in our neck of the woods. Boasting 13 buildings, old west memorabelia, & farming and mining equipment, this is a must see for the entire family. See the website for details.
- East 20 Pizza Winthrop (2 minute walk) Locals favorite. Two minute walk from the inn. Gourmet toppings & local whole wheat thin crust. Happy Hour from 3 to 5 pm. Wine and beers on tap or in the bottle.
- Arrowleaf Bistro Winthrop (10 + minute walk or 2 minute drive) Superb gourmet cuisine in downtown Winthrop. Reservations recommended. Happy Hour from 4 to 5pm. Casual dress.
- Tappi Twisp (10 minute drive) Grandma's recipes from Sicily. Wood fired brick oven pizza, pastas & excellent wine selection. Open Friday through Monday for dinner only. Reservations recommended.
- Old Schoolhouse Brewery Winthrop (10 + minute walk or 2 minute drive) Award winning beers and Local beef burgers. Patio on the river and live music on weekends.
- Twisp River Pub Twisp (10 minute drive) Great local scene. See website for live music schedule. Not just pub food.
- Carlos 1800 Winthrop (10 + minute walk or 2 minute drive) Mexican cuisine and extensive Margarita menu. Seating on the river.
- Rockinghorse Bakery Winthrop (10+ minute walk or 2 minute drive) Delicious pastries, breakfast sandwiches, pizzas and more. Excellent espresso drinks.
- Gloverstreet Market Twisp (10 minute drive) All organic menu and juice bar. Do not miss! Very well priced and made to order.
- Three Fingered Jacks Winthrop (10 + minute walk or 2 minute drive) Family style. Breakfast, lunch & dinner daily.
- Kelly's at Wesola Polana Between Winthrop & Mazama (10 minute drive) Chalkboard specials, European beers & specialty cocktails. Local Meats and produce when available. Thurs, Fri, Sat, & Sun dinner. Breakfast/Lunch. Closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
- The Mazama Store Mazama (15 minute drive) excellent bakery, delicious soups and sandwiches. Open Daily.
- Cinnamon Twisp Bakery Twisp (10 minute drive) Wonderful bakery with sandwiches, pizza and more.
- Freestone Inn Mazama (20 minute drive) Gourmet cuisine
Local Winery, Breweries & Cider house
Dog Daycare & Boarding
Transportation- Shuttles and taxi services
Things to do
- Methow Fishing Adventures Guided flyfishing trips
- Globe Trouters Guide Service Guided flyfishing trips
- Methow Valley Sports Trails Association Ski, bike or run... all the trail info you need
- Winthrop Ice Rink recently featured in Sunset Magazine as one of the Top 10 ice rinks in the west
- Winthrop Tipi Dinners Dinner in a tipi
- Early Winters Outfitting Horseback riding and pack trips
- Morning Glory Balloon Tours Hot air balloon tours over the Methow valley
- Methow Cycle & Sport Bike & ski rentals and gear
- Winthrop Mountain Sports Birding map, bike and ski rentals, maps and info, outdoor clothing, shoes, equipment and everything you need to enjoy the outdoors
- Bear Creek Golf Course Lovely course 4 miles from Winthrop
- Nectar Skin Bar All natural facials and specialty treatments
- Trails End Bookstore Independent bookstore with an excellent selection
- Methow Rafting Tube, kayak and raft the Methow
- North Cascades Heli-Ski Enjoy the backcountry with a little help! Awesome...